TUESDAY, JUNE 9TH
BC Healthy Communities (BCHC) and Northern Health (NH) are hosting their fifth year of 'Citizens Series’ webinars'. These two hour sessions invite dialogue from northern communities on specific topics that are critical to improving the health outcomes of northern people, recognizing that community and civic involvement is a cornerstone to healthy people and populations.
- Dr. Anne Pousette - WINBC (Promotion of Wellness in Northern BC Association), Executive Director
- Mandy Levesque - Northern Health, Population Health (Interim) Team Lead
- Cst. Maury Tyre - RCMP Member, Brain Injury Prevention Program Coordinator
THROUGH THIS WEBINAR
- LEARN from and with leading experts in the field about their insights on leveraging the Canada Winter Games to sustain healthier, active communities across northern BC.
- DISCUSS challenges and opportunities of fostering less sedentary, more active people and communities.
- EXPLORE the inspiring examples of community projects that are building active, engaged communities.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Community Members and Community Organizations
- Social Service Providers
- Business and Industry Representatives
- Health Professionals
- Local Governments
- First Nations and Aboriginal Community Organizations
- Community Developers and Planners
- Educators and Academics
This event has been part of our series of interactive webinars
focused on the role citizens and northern BC communities can play in influencing health outcomes, delivered in partnership with Northern Health.
Please contact email@example.com with questions about this webinar series.
image courtesy kris krüg/flickr