BC Healthy Communities (BCHC) and Northern Health (NH) are hosting their fourth year of 'Citizens Series’ webinars'. These two hour sessions invite dialogue from northern communities on specific topics that are critical to improving the health outcomes of northern people, recognizing that community and civic involvement is a cornerstone to healthy people and populations.
Join us for this special session featuring digital stories created as part of the EcoHealth and Watersheds in Northern BC Project. Explore this powerful storytelling media with our guests to highlight connections and relationships among health, the environment and community concerns in northern BC.
Please contact email@example.com
with questions about how to register or set-up for this webinar
WITH SPECIAL PRESENTERS:
- Dr. Margot Parkes
School of Health Sciences, University of Northern BC and the Northern Medical Program, University of British Columbia
- Vanessa Sloan Morgan
Ecohealth Knowledge to Action Research Group, University of Northern BC
- Sandra Harris
Wet’suwet’en Nation and Steering Committee Member, Ecohealth & Watersheds in Northern BCn
Click here for speakers’ bios
THROUGH THIS WEBINAR:
- LEARN from and with leading experts and community champions about the role digital stories can play in building healthy communities, people and environments
- DISCUSS the challenges and opportunities of making and sharing digital stories as a strategy for building healthy communities
- EXPLORE the possibilities that emerge when community stakeholders use digital storytelling to share their visions for building healthy community settings.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
- Community Members and Community Organizations
- Social Service Providers
- Business and Industry Representatives • Health Professionals
- Local Governments
- Community developers and planners
- Educators and academics
To stream the webinar please click here