BC Healthy Communities (BCHC) and Northern Health (NH) are hosting their first year of ‘Citizens Series’ webinars. These two hour sessions invite dialogue from northern communities on specific topics that are critical to improving the health outcomes of northern people, recognizing that community and civic involvement is a cornerstone to healthy people and populations.'
Through this Webinar:
- EXPLORE the role that community building, social support and inclusion play in affecting community health
- LEARN from some of the leading community practitioners in northern BC, with case studies of their best practices
- CONSIDER the role of volunteerism, advocacy and activism in building the social fabric of communities.
- Chris Bone & Glenda Newsted – City of Prince George
- Sasa Loggin – Skeena Diversity Society
- Sharon Hurd & Lola Dawn Fennel – Prince George Council of Seniors